Knitting Kneedles

Sunday, March 13, 2005

WIPS

I decided I didn't like the set up of my previous knitting blog, so I shall make a go at this one :)

Currently, I am knitting a pair of cute baby pants, part of the Bubblegum Baby Trio in Knitting for Babies and Toddlers. I already knit the hat, which is just a big rectangle that you seam at the top and side, and put tassles on each corner. It was my first fair isle project, and my first attempt at reading a chart. It was a great first project for fair isle, as it wasn't a hugely overwhelming thing to knit. The pants, however, are not fair isle, just done in a striping pattern, the stripes being different sizes, but done in the same colors as the hat. I have the band of one leg done and am working on the second stripe. I just started that last night, so I imagine it will be a while before it's done.

I am also working on a shawl for Jessica done in Noro Kureyon, colorway I cannot remember. It has some of her favorite colors in it, orange (her very favorite), yellow/gold, pink, green, and more. I started that out as a big long piece and am decreasing as I go. It's done in St. st and I am decreasing on the purl rows.

I am also knitting a scarf for Niff, that's been on hold for a couple weeks because it's not really "scarf weather" anymore. It's this fancy fur stuff with little... bally things in it and I'm also using red heart black to go with it. Normally I hate knitting with Red Heart since I have become somewhat of a yarn snob, but it's mostly to fill in the gaps on the fancy fur stuff, and it's for a 2 year old... she won't care :)

And finally, one last WIP. I am knitting my first lace project, which is going to end up being a baby afghan. It's done in this white yarn that has pink and blue specks through out. I think it is bernat baby or baby soft yarn or something like that. I picked it up at Robert's. It's actually soft for acrylic. That is taking me some time, and I had to do a LOT of frogging initially. Then someone at the knitting community at www.livejournal.com recommended to use a "lifeline" every so many rows. I weaved dental floss threw my current stitches on the needles, and that way if i had to rip out, then i only had to rip out to the dental floss. It was a great recommendation! I also decided that safetey pins work great for stitch markers and marking the beginning row of the feathers and fan pattern.