Knitting Kneedles

Monday, May 09, 2005

Birthday knitting

I got to work today and was presented with a nummyummy gift!! I got a book called Knitting Handbook from one of the docs I work for, who also knits, and who has also helped me to learn some of the stitches and easier way to hold the yarn, etc. As my friend and I are thumbing through each page (they were glued togeter at the spiral binding so we had to unstick them) one of the other women I work with came up to give me a present and said WHERE DID YOU GET THAT BOOK? I told her, and then she looked at her present and walked away sadly. I followed her to make sure she was ok. She was just bummed because apparently she'd purchased the same book to give me for my birthday! LOL. She still had a receipt and told me she got it at Barnes and Noble, so I'm stopping there on my way home from work to see if I can just trade it for something else. How exciting though...TWO KNITTING BOOKS!! I seem to be building up quite the collection of these books lately. I think you can never have enough knitting books ... just the same as you can never have enough yarn *grin* Jennie, the doc who gave me the first Knitting Handbook, said she also wants to get me a gift certificate for Michaels. I told her not to, that she didn't have to do that, but she said she wants to. My husband will be thrilled to death at the idea of more yarn, which is what I am sure I will spend it on :) I'd like to also get some of those plastic (maybe tupperware makes them?) storage dresser type storage units... the kind that stand upright and have drawers. That way I could start storing my yarn in my bedroom closet and out of the way. Right now it's in a big purple tupperware tote, overflowing. Then there's also a pile of yarn and books behind my recliner in the family room. It's out of the way, but it's a huge ass mess.

On the knitting side of things, I am almost done with Jessie's sock! :) I'm using Moda Dea self striping yarn. I don't remember the colorway's name, but it's just green and white and has different blurbs of each color through out, then big huge sections of either green or white. It's quite pretty. I think Jessie will like them. And I'm loving that it's starting to look like a sock! It's a cuff down sock and I am past the hell *whew* and working on the instep. I'm hoping to finish this tonight and I will take a picture of it to post up here :)