Knitting Kneedles

Sunday, May 01, 2005

Current WIPS

Holy cow, over a month since my last post. Really, I've been knitting. I guess I'm just better at making sure I knit than I am at making sure I post.

My current WIPS are:

Dischcloths for a gift for someone. I bought a book that has 10 patterns in it, and I plan to make one of each for Mother's day presents, five for my mom, five for Kenny's mom. They are in Peaches and Cream cotton that I got in a 1 pound cone. Not my favorite yarn to knit with, because I'm not fond of knitting with cotton yet, it isn't ... stretchy enough for my liking, but I'm getting more used to it. And the colors are pretty. I grabbed a veriegated puprle to white cone.

Feather and Fan lace baby blanket (for who knows... just making it because it's pretty)

Simple Garter Stitch Baby Sweater from Simple Knits for Cherished Babies by Erika Knight, done in blue color me somethingorother wool yarn, superwash

Another of the same sweater in some cheap acrylic red heart yarn in a veriegated baby yarn, that's actually turning out to be quite pretty

Socks for Jessica. This is my first ACTUAL pair of socks. I'm doing them in ... Moda Dea? It's green and white and self striping. I tried to make some socks with very thin yarn (not sure what it was called since I don't have the label right in front of me) but it turned out that the needles I was using were way too big and I had to frog the whole thing. All's well, though, because it was GREAT practice on the sockfront :)

And constantly in motion are the Umbilical cord hats from Stitch n Bitch and matching booties using the Classic Cashmere Bootie pattern, also from Simple Knits for Cherished Babies. To me, they match perfectly if you use the same yarns on each set, because on the hat, the brim rolls, and on the booties, the tops roll. And I'm just using whatever yarn I have in my stash that's enough for both things, because I am making them to give out as gifts since I seem to know lots of women having babies (that's what you get working in an OB office) and also to donate to a charity project that I enjoy donating to.

As soon as I take the time to figure out how to post pictures, I shall do that. For now, whoever reads this (all one of you!) will have to make do with the boring text only posts.

Signing out,
T