Knitting Kneedles

Monday, May 16, 2005

New techniques!!

So I've been frustrated with my new sock knitting. I hate the little "stretch marks" that I get where the needles join at each end. Most often these are referred to as "ladders" and I HATE THEM. So I was thinking that for making an adult sock, if I could get a 12" circ that I could make them that way, and then switch to the dpn's later on by the foot part... past the heel and what not. So I called around to the LYS's in Salt Lake and no one had them. Until I reached The Unraveled Sheep. Char, who owns the place, said she had them. I explained to her what I wanted to do with them and she said she had a better idea. She told me to come in any time and she would show me how to knit socks on TWO 24" CIRCS! So of course, the next day being Saturday, I was there at 10, the minute it opened, and said "Hi, I'm the one you talked to yesterday about knitting on two circs." She let me try out some needles, said if I didn't like them, we could put them back and get something else. WOW! I ended up liking them... they were bamboo clovers. YUMMY!!! So anyway, now I have most of a lovely sock on the needles and am in love with the new way I learned to knit them. There's a book out ... I can't recall the name right now... something like Socks Soar on 2 Circs or some such title... I would LOVE to get that! I'll have to post a picture of the socks later though. We loaned our digital camera to a friend for a trip he is taking. *sob* Oh well.

T