Knitting Kneedles

Wednesday, June 01, 2005

SP5 Questionnaire

1. Are you a yarn snob (do you prefer higher quality and/or natural fibers)? Do you avoid Red Heart and Lion Brand? Or is it all the same to you?

It really depends on what I am making. I do LOVE the lovely wools and stuff at my favorite LYS, but if I am making a gaboodle of things to donate to charity or a favorite cause, then I often use acrylics, so that I can get a lot for a little money, and make a lot. :)
2. Do you spin? Crochet?

I don't spin...not sure if I want to go that route, as my budget is tight enough with knitting :) I do crochet though, and I love that :)

3. Do you have any allergies? (smoke, pets, fibers, perfume, etc.)

No allergies.

4. How long have you been knitting?

It will be a year in August.

5. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?

As of right now, I don't, but I plan to start one soon.

6. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.)

Lavender...*drool*


7. Do you have a sweet tooth?

Most definitely. Chocolate is one of my life staples. I also have a salt tooth. If that's what it's called.


8. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do?

I enjoy making my own stitch markers, and I ventured in to making earrings recently, which was a lot of fun! I also occasionally scrapbook, but am not as gung ho about that. And I love to paint ceramics and tole paint :)


9. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)

Country music is my favorite, but I'll listen to pretty much anything if the mood suits me. My computer plays MP3's, as does my DVD player and my MP3 player.


10. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand?

Purple. Definitely purple. My favorite season is wintertime... it's just so beautiful. I can't think of any colors that I can't stand.

11. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?

I am married and have 2 little girls, ages 2 and 4. We have no pets right now.


12. What are your life dreams? (really stretching it here, I know)

I'm looking forward to going back to college, obtaining my nursing degree, and after working as a labor and delivery nurse for a few years, I'd like to go get my masters and be a Certified Nurse Midwife.

13. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with?

It really depends on what I am making.... One of my most favorites that I have worked with in the past is Noro Kureyon. I love the way it knits up and how sometimes it's thick, then thin, then thick. I don't know why that pleases me but it does. I also like the self striping yarns for socks and what not :)


14. What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?

Ugh...CHENILLE. I love the way it feels and looks post project, but I HATE HATE HATE working with it.

15. What is/are your current knitting obsession/s?

Socks, most definitely!

16. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?

Baby items!!!!

17. What are you knitting right now?

Right now I have a preemie hat on the needles, and 2 baby sweaters. I'm getting ready to start another pair of socks :)

18. What do you think about ponchos?

They aren't for me, but my 4 year old wants a shawl... is that close enough?


19. Do you prefer straight or circular needles?

Circs, definitely.

20. Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?

Aluminum.

21. Are you a sock knitter?

As of a few weeks ago, yes! WOO HOO!

22. How did you learn to knit?

My friend Faye at work taught me. I'd actually tried two or three times before, but for some reason just couldn't grasp it. I think the teacher makes the difference.

23. How old is your oldest UFO?

About 3 months.

24. What is your favorite animated character or a favorite animal/bird?

My favorite animated character is Pooh Bear. My favorite just regular animal ... not sure...I love most of them :)
25. What is your favorite holiday?

I have a favorite "holiday time" but not necessarily "holiday." I love Christmastime because the decorations are so pretty, people are nice to each other, the snow makes things beautiful. So really, the whole season is my favorite, not just December 25.

26. Is there anything that you collect?

Not really. Unless yarn counts :) Actually, I do like frogs, but I don't have many.

27. What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?

None.

28. Any books out there you are dying to get your hands on?
At Knit's End : Meditations for Women Who Knit Too Much