Knitting Kneedles

Thursday, July 21, 2005

Cables

Let it be known throughout blogland (or to whoever reads this and really gives two shoots) that I HAVE LEARNED CABLES!!! I am quite excited about this. I was nosing around on a favored blog (http://mimknits.blogspot.com/) and saw that she has a pattern for a beautiful Braided Cable Scarf. So I print it out and find some yarn that I like and.... I'm only 4 or 5 rows into it, and with some help from a kind lady on pointing one or two things out to me, I AM DOIN IT! I am quite excited because I absolutely LOVE the look that cables give. To me, they are so elegant and lovely looking, and I can't wait to finish this and show it off. I'm not giving this scarf away. It's mine to keep *grin* I'm only making it as a short one though, and in a yarn that I think I could just wear for a pretty rather than to keep warm or anything. I AM SO EXCITED! So, Mim, if you ever happen upon my blog, thankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyou!

T