Knitting Kneedles

Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Secret Pal Six :)

1. Are you a yarn snob (do you prefer higher quality and/or natural fibers)? Do you avoid Red Heart and Lion Brand? Or is it all the same to you? I've become more of a yarn snob these days. I'll still use the cheapos if I need to make mass quantities of baby hats and such to donate, but my preference is the nice yummy stuff.

2. Do you spin? Crochet? Crochet.

3. Do you have any allergies? (smoke, pets, fibers, perfume, etc.)No.

4. How long have you been knitting? Just over a year now.

5. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list? No.

6. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.) Lavender, coconut

7. Do you have a sweet tooth? Not really. I have a salt tooth. Especially now that I'm pregnant, it's even more so a salt tooth.

8. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Ceramic painting, tole painting.

9. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD) Country, 80's, showtunes.

10. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand? Purple! Colors I can't stand... can't think of any.

11. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets? Married, two girls, age 4 and 3, one on the way in May :)

12. What are your life dreams? (really stretching it here, I know) To become a Certified Nurse Midwife and work with women and teens.

13. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? It changes daily. Right now, I'm in love with Alpaca.

14. What fibers do you absolutely *not* like? I haven't run into any hateful yarns yet.

15. What is/are your current knitting obsession/s? Socks, baby items.

16. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit? Baby items

17. What are you knitting right now? Socks (two pairs), baby blanket, raspberry baby hat, and a burial gown. Obviously I like to keep up on 2 thousand projects at once.

18. What do you think about ponchos? Not for me.

19. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Depends on what I am knitting. But usually circs.

20. Bamboo, aluminum, plastic? Depends on what I'm using them for.

21. Are you a sock knitter? Yes.

22. How did you learn to knit? Friend at work.

23. How old is your oldest UFO? About 4 months.

24. What is your favorite animated character or a favorite animal/bird? Frogs.

25. What is your favorite holiday? Not reall a favorite holiday...more of a favorite season. I love Winter.

26. Is there anything that you collect? Pens.

27. What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have? None

28. Any books out there you are dying to get your hands on? Barbie knitting book (but not the one with the matching kids clothes LOL)

29. Any patterns you have been coveting, but haven't bought for one reason or another?? The wool soaker pants at turtleknits