Knitting Kneedles

Sunday, September 18, 2005

The things you forget.

With each pregnancy, I've gotten really sick. The first one, I miscarried, but I was still suck up until then. With Jessica, every single day until delivery and with Niff, every day until about 24 weeks. I was hoping this time would be different. Or maybe I just forgot what it feels like to be sick all day long LOL. Not that I am complaining, because I really wanted this. Well, not the sick part, but the part that comes with it :) I sort of am relieved that I am sick, because it means that I'm still pregnant. My doctor asks me all the time if I'm still sick, and I say yes, and she says "That's great!" and it makes me crack up. But really it is. (And yes, this is somewhat trying to convince myself LOL).

I don't have any pics up yet from my vacation. I've been too tired and nauseated to do much but lay around and sleep. And lay around some more. I did get a burial gown done on my vacation. Well, I guess I can't say it's done. I got down to the last row and the bind off and ran out of yarn, so it's "nearly" done. I don't have any pics up for it yet though, because I want to wait till I put the buttons and ribbon before I show it. I also restarted the cable scarf at Mim's Knitting Frenzy. I got a new cable needle, the kind that looks more like a U shape than a bent up needle. This is working much better for me. And the yarn I am using was from my secret pal. Knit Picks Elegance in Lilac. *drool* Can I put in a request for my skin to be made of this? Thanks. I have nearly finished three repeats and have only made one obvious mistake. I'm not taking it out though, I think it will give it character. Oh, and it's MINE. I always give everything away. Not this. It's mine mine mine.

I also did my first kool aid dyeing! My secret pal sent me some color it yourself merino wool from knit picks and some kool aid with which to dye it :) I now have some reddish-pink yarn that's been balled up and is nice and cozy on the couch, and some really bright berry blue yarn that's still hanging over the kitchen sink, just about dry. For the reddish pink i believe I used cherry, two packs. For the blue one, I found more kool aid in the cupboard, and I think I used six packs so it would be brighter. I like how it's not really even throughout...some of the yarn turns out lighter, some darker, but not really obviously, more of a sublte look. Can't wait to knit it up into something fun :) I was thinking mittens for my kiddos for this winter, but we'll see. I have one more big ole hank of the merino to color, and am thinking I'll do different colors on it. I'm excited at how easy it was to color it! Water, kool aid, yarn. That's it. :) Oh, and the hanger, so it can dry :)

I had a dream last night that I was having the ultrasound to tell the gender of the baby, and I was with this girl from work and we both said OH! IT'S A BOY! And I was so excited because that's what I'm really hoping for (a girl is ok too though) and the tech kept saying "No, that's the part of the girl that just hangs out. It's really a girl" And I was just completely confused in the dream because of her telling me that girls have parts that hang out. Then she got this diagram and showed me and I was even more confused, because *I* certainly don't have anything that was shown on that diagram. I woke up and thought of what a weird dream it was. I still haven't decided if I'm going to find out or wait until he/she is born. Guess time will tell :)

Sorry for all the text only posts. I hope I don't bore my two readers to death!

T