Knitting Kneedles

Friday, October 28, 2005

"Blob" update

So I had an OB check up this week. I'm about 12 weeks now by the last two ultrasounds that I had, so we were thinking we could check for heart tones. We tried, but to no avail. My doc and I weren't worried though because I'm still quite sick. But we ordered an ultrasound anyway :) Would you all like to know that I have a ginormous baby already? It is apparently measuring greater than the 95th percentile! I have a history of teeny babies at full term, so this somewhat shocked me. So I am convinced that they should never have changed my due date by 2 weeks like they did at that first ultrasound because this ultrasound that I just had measures concordantly with the first day of my last period. I guess we'll see what happens at the next on, which is December 20. I still haven't decided if I'm finding out whether or not this baby is Matthew or Robynne.

I'd also like to share something else with the two of you that read this (LOL). When I am pregnant, I am a huge crying machine. Look at me funny, I'll cry my eyeballs out. It's even WORSE with this pregnancy. I cry over everything, quite literally. Happy? I'll cry about it? Sad? I'll definitly cry about it. So this morning, I'm actually feeling quite calm and not crying about anything for a few minutes. I get in the car and turn on the radio. Now, I'm a country music gal, and I was glad that the song was an upbeat one, got me in a good funky mood, things were going well. Then, it all came crashing down when the song Help Pour Out the Rain (by Buddy Jewell) came on (Lyrics found here http://www.geocities.com/islandlyrics/buddyjewell/jewell01.txt) and I just opened up the water works and sobbed part of the way to work. Then the DJ's came back on, and all was well again for a few minutes. I thought for sure they couldn't play another cry my eyeballs out song (contrary to popular belief, not all country songs are sadness.... with new country there are a lot of fun upbeat, happy ones) but nope. They played a song called Skin by Rascal Flatts. They got out the first two words, which are Sara Beth.... and that's all it took, since I know the song. It's about a girl named Sara Beth who gets diagnosed with cancer. Of course, this in itself is a sad enough song, but with my friend Jeff's passing of cancer last week, it's like putting salt in an open wound. I am literally sobbing my head off. And hungry to boot. So I'm in the drive thru at McDonald's (the baby was DEMANDING a sausage egg and cheese mcmuffin with a coke... what could I say to that demand? hee hee) trying to order what the baby wanted and couldn't even hardly talk to the guy because I was sobbing so much. Then I was embarassed that the guy heard me crying. Then I was crying even more because the song was still on. Why not turn off the radio you ask? Well, the answer to that is easy. I'm a sucker for emotions apparently. I can't NOT turn off the radio, because what if I miss out on something good? I've always been that way (like why go to bed early? What if I miss out on something? My friend used to tell me "If you're asleep what could you possibly miss out on?" "I responded with "I don't know, but you'll miss it and I won't, whatever it is.")

So anyway, that's my blubbering for the day. I've decided that I'm not going to listen to my launchcast account at work for fear of someone singing something that makes me cry while I'm on the phone to a patient, thus making the patient think I'm insanely nuts or something. LOL

In knitting news, I've put away the socks for myself. I haven't taken them apart, it's just that it's getting too close to Christmas for me to work on things for me right now, being the slow knitter that I am. I'm still making my branching out scarf for one of the docs I work for, socks for a coworker/friend, and a pair of mittens for each of my girls. Those are my knitted Christmas presents. Since I'm so slow, I don't think I'll have time for anything else. Oh, and I still have to finish that dreaded baby blanket. It's no longer the Happy JAKE blanket.

So anyway, that's my update :)