Knitting Kneedles

Sunday, November 27, 2005

Happy Sunday!

I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving. We painted our kitchen. Well, I shouldn't say *we* as in me helping, because my mom and her husband did it. They're helping us fix up our townhouse to sell it before we move after we have the baby.
It looks nice so far. We only have one wall left to paint, and for that we had to borrow a friend's sprayer thingamajigger because it's brick, and would just be easier with the sprayer thingamajigger :) Then they are coming back to help put in pergot-type floors in the downstairs area, which includes the living room, kitchen, bathroom and laundry room. They also are going to help us put new counter tops in the kitchen. I think it will look great.

I worked on socks during my 4 days off from work. I got most of an adult one finished, for a coworker for Christmas. Then I got antsy with new yarn that I bought from a LYS here in Salt Lake called The Wool Cabin. It's just an acrylic/nylon blend, but I really like the way it worked up. I am making more baby socks from Mim's pattern from it. The nylon in it makes it rather stretchy, I think. The little one I am giving it to has the perfect size foot. I was at her family's house last night and finished the first one, had her try it on, and it was the perfect fit. Hopefully by Christmas her feet won't have grown 2 sizes larger LOL! I'm size 0 dpns because the yarn is thicker yarn, actually recommends a size 6 needle. As soon as I'm done with number two, which will hopefully be tonight, or tomorrow, I shall share photos with you :) Then it's back to work on the adult sock. I'm using the lion brand magic stripes yarn and their pattern. I'll also post pics of those when they are done. I don't like the colors in that sock, but the girl I'm giving it to says she likes it, so I guess that's what matters most.

Also, I got some yummies from my secret pal!!!!!!! There is a gaboodle of purple yarn! *drool* OH how I LOVE purple :) And a book called Treasure Forest that looks great, and something heaven sent... body wash in one of my most favorite scents... warm vanilla sugar *drool* It makes me want to bathe continually! I haven't had a chance to photograph these things, but when I do, I'll post it :) I did have a chance to ball up one of the hanks of purple :) SP, did you spin this yourself? If so, it's awesome, I LOVE IT!!! If not, it's still awesome and I still love it :)

Well, I'm off to work more on that sockie :)