Knitting Kneedles

Wednesday, November 09, 2005

J*A*K*E

I was nearly throwing a party last night as I finished row 96 on this blanket! Finishing row 96 meant that I WAS DONE with the body and could start the 10 row garter border. YES! I'm on row two of the garter, so am on the finishing track tonight! What helped me get this far was that Tuesday is my TV watching night. I can't miss Bones and House. So I plopped down on the couch after dinner and got the blanket out. I was on row 85 by the stitch counter, ready to start 86. Little House on the Prairie was just about over, and 15 minutes to my shows. I made a joke about being like old people with nothing to do to my husband. He was sitting there reading a book, I was sitting there knitting. LOL So my slow knitting got me through those rows and half way through House I put it down and hubby and I pulled out the hide a bed to finish watching the rest of it. Then we just ended up sleeping downstairs on the hide a bed LOL.

So anyway, I just had to share my excitement about nearing completion on this never ending (or seemingly never ending) project!

Does anyone know if Cotton Ease blocks well? That's what I made the blanket from and if it doesn't block well, I don't want to waste the time blocking it. Thanks in advance if you know!