Knitting Kneedles

Friday, November 11, 2005

A painful experience

A friend of mine recently had a baby, so I'm knitting here
Mim's Basic Baby Sock in the infant size, so I'm using size two size 1 16 inch circs. This is my first time knitting with size 1's and I'm glad it's a baby sock, because they are tiny, and I think it would take me forever to make myself a sock in these bitty little things LOL! This wasn't a planned gift. Well, it was, but it was a sooner one than I expected to make. While knitting happily along on the cuff, all of the sudden I felt excruciating pain in my left thumb. Why you ask? Apparently the size 1 needles fit rather tightly in between your thumb and the thumb nail! OW!!! I jabbed it in there pretty good, it is still pretty tender today. It didn't stop me from knitting of course *gring* I plan to buy some size 1 dpn's today so I can start on the heel and do the rest. I'm not good at doing heels on 2 circs.

Anyway, just thought I'd share that :)