Knitting Kneedles

Thursday, December 22, 2005

Addi Turbos

How have I been knitting for over a year without ever having used these???? I bought some today with a gift certificate for my favorite LYS, The Black Sheep Wool Co, in Salt Lake City. I got them in a US 1, 42 inches, because I'm using them to magic loop my socks. I imagine that if you knitted with a piece of heaven, this is what it would be like. I love the joins the most. The yarn just slides right on through to the metal part of the needle off of the cable. I don't know that I can ever use anything else now LOL!

I also got a new book a week or so ago called Cool Socks Warm Feet by Lucy Neatby. It's a great book so far. I'm knitting one sock at a time using the magic loop because I haven't quite figured out how to cast on for two socks at one time. But I do seem to knit faster using the ML method, as well as the 2 circs method. My stitches are tighter with DPN's though, and I like that. I guess they each have their own goodies about them.

Talked to my mom tonight. She is going to start buying little boy things. I'm excited :) I told her I want lots of blue. :) I also bought some yarn to practice with, Frog Tree or something like that, to see if I like it to make my baby a sweater for next fall. I bought one skein of a dark green, and one of a seafoam type of color, to make hats to see if I like the way it works up. Then I'll buy the amount needed for a sweater that I have a baby pattern for :)

Hope none of you get sick of hearing about my baby babble :)