Knitting Kneedles

Saturday, January 14, 2006

It's been pointed out that I haven't blogged in a few days *grin* Nothing exciting has been going on. I've been knitting socks. I found a link for instructions on knitting 2 socks on 2 circs, so I'm giving that a shot, and rather enjoying it. I did keep messing up at first, so I decided to use just some cotton ease to start out with until I get it all figured out. That way I'm not knitting/frogging over and over and shredding my nice yarn.

I've discovered that my children's feet grow faster than weeds. We had to buy new shoes today, and apparently I missed a whole size for poor Jessie. She was a size 10 when we measured her this past summer. Now she's a 12. The sales lady measured her at an 11, so we tried on the 11 1/2, and Jessie said they hurt her feet and were too tight. So much for the lady measuring. She got some cute little black loafers that have a little chain on the front with hello kitty charms. Niff got some fake uggs that are pink and have those little lights that blink when you walk. I wanted to get boots for Jessie too, but PayLess didn't have any, so I figured it would have to wait until next pay day. I got new shoes too :) They are Airwalk Clogs and really comfy. Please note, the only picture I could find online was in a toddler's size. I got a women's size :) I've decided they are the perfect pregnant shoe for me, since I get so hot, and am always wanting to kick my shoes off. And they have the little airholes in them at the top, so I won't get such sweaty feet. And they are squishy, like foam, so I have all that comfort when I walk.

So you see, there's nothing exciting going on in my life lately. Just the humdrum moldings of everyday life. :)