Knitting Kneedles

Wednesday, February 01, 2006

A couple weeks ago my OB gave me some Tylenol 3 to take when my c-section incision hurts from braxton hicks contractions. It doesn't hurt with every one of them, but I do get a few that make the incision burn. So I took one the other night, and it didn't do anything. Didn't make me tired, didn't help with the pain, I might as well have had a tic tac. So I talked with our Nurse Practioner who said to try two at a time. So last night I tried two. It didn't make me sleepy, but it did help a little with the pain. However, I woke up this morning with my face looking like a caveman LOL. It was so puffy and swollen that my lips were ginormous and my husband thought I had a tooth infection or something. While I am having an issue with my tooth, it isn't infected as far as a I know, and it wasn't and currently isn't hurting. No foul odors coming from the tooth, no yucky tastes like I'd expect. So I thought and thought and thought about everything I ate yesterday, and I didn't try anything new. Except the Tylenol 3's. I asked our NP this morning if when I took one it wasn't a strong enough dose to cause a reaction, but what if I took two, could it then? She said that while what happened to me isn't a common allergic reaction to that medicine, that it most likely was that and not to take it anymore. So I looked in the mirror just now because my coworker said I had a bit of a red blotchy face. Sure enough, along with the still tingly feeling in my lips. I've taken my allergy meds, and I am able to take more tonight around 9, because it's only every 12 hours.

At any rate, I thought of taking a picture this morning so I could show you all how freakin hilarious I looked, but then decided against it. You'll just have to imagine it now :)