Knitting Kneedles

Thursday, March 09, 2006

Hey there! Yep, I'm still alive. In case anyone was concerned ;)

We're all feeling much better in the house of illnesses past, and hopefully can remain feeling that way, at least for 8 more weeks.

Yes! 8 MORE WEEKS!!! As of tomorrow anyway. I'll be having my Cinco de Mayo baby and will be recovering from that. I'll be celebrating Cinco de Mayo on May 9th, however, since I can't eat anything post c-section. Not until I "pass gas." Hee hee, the way they say that always makes me laugh. Like the doctors, who deal with disgusting things constantly, are afraid to say "fart" or something. I realize they are just being professional, but it cracks me up, especially since my doctor is my friend LOL. So, liquid diet for me until I "pass gas" and then whatever I can talk my husband into bringing up since I've never been all that fond of a lot of the meals that patients get. Breakfast is ok, but the rest... blech. Then, home on May 7th or 8th, preferably the 7th if I can talk em into it. Then the 9th, my BIRTHDAY!!! will be mexican food mexican food mexican food. Not that I can't eat it now too, but it just gives me something to look really forward to while recovering from surgery :) Well, something to look forward to besides bonding with my new Matthew that is :)

On the knitting front, you'll not be shocked that I have no photos. Not only have I neglected to purchase batteries for the camera, but now I don't even know where the camera is. I do have a finished baby sweater for my cousin Sharon, who just recently found out she is having a girl. And thank goodness for that because I started knitting the sweater for her, in girl colors, before I had any idea what sex it was. Now I am nearly done with a lime green one for a friend at work who is having a baby. Her shower is tomorrow. Hopefully I can finish off that sweater tonight. I think I can. I only have the sleeves to do, which are in the round, so it goes much quicker I think than back and forth stockinette. Oh, and I think I have one or two more rows on the bottom band. Then sew on the buttons. When I finished Sharons', at this point in the sweater I think it took me about an hour and a half, maybe two hours. I can do it! :) I'm making this sweater: http://knitting.about.com/library/blbabyswe8.htm and I really like how they turn out. I also really like how there is the minutest amount of finishing. Sew up the seams under the arms, and sew on the buttons. That's it :) The first one I made in some Moda Dea Sassy Stripes that I had here, I think the color was "Crush" but I could be wrong. The label is long since gone. It turned out great though, and everyone loves the way it does the self striping bit. The one I'm doing now is TLC Essentials in the lime green color. While I'm not a huge acrylic fan, this was soft enough for what I want it for, and washable, which is important for bambino clothing.

Oh, and guess what! ONLY 8 MORE WEEKS!! ;)